Letting The Trauma Flow Through
Inclusion does not equal endorsement of concept, source, writer, etc.
Update: My Domestic Church has taken over the weekly 7 Quick Takes. I’ll try linking up there.
- Are highly sensitive and more empathic people more prone to being gaslit/gaslighted?
- Could there be a link between ADHD and compulsive overeating?
- What does it really mean to turn the other cheek, and should I? (Caveat: I don’t agree with 100% of these ideas. For instance, while my anger might be justified, sharing that anger with people who are not willing to repair their side of relationships has always been a waste of my very valuable energy.)
- Feeling like you don’t belong? Louisa Ann Irene Ikena has a piece at Catholic Mom telling you You are SO meant to be here!
- What is the effect of stress on the adolescent brain’s triple network? And, erm, what is a triple network?
- What to know about eating disorders at midlife and beyond.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads (please, leave a review–it takes courage, but it helps the people who need the message find it), and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
This week’s AV: do a little bit of nature meditation with me. Here’s a video of the header image from Great Falls National Park, just outside of Washington, DC.
Thanks for reading, listening & watching, fellow image-bearers. Now give My Domestic Church a look-see.