Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Chances are that, if you’re reading this, you could write your own article on 3 Ways Unresolved Trauma Can Derail Your Relationships.
- This one’s mine: Parenting Tombs and Gardens at Catholic Mom is about parenting the rightfully emotionally immature while simultaneously healing from the effects of having been parented by the wrongfully emotionally immature.
- What is self-care, anyway? Learn from Rose Folsom and a bean sprout.
- Even the secular world is celebrating the healthy gifts of detachment.
- Betrayal trauma is a thing. Elaine Sinnott gets real at Catholic Mom about The Epidemic of Porn in Marriages.
- Loving-kindness meditation may reduce veterans’ PTSD symptoms?
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
This week’s media? Father Mike Schmitz has a lot of good things to say–this is about setting boundaries! Isn’t his thumbnail picture the best? So relatable.