Follow Erin Various Places
- Subscribe to the EMC Reader Newsletter for monthly updates on freebies, Sabbath Rest Book Talk selections, Dominican life, and more.
- Check out Erin’s schedule of events, both in-person and on social media.
- Click here for Erin’s books.
- Click here for Erin’s reversion story.
- Click here for information about the lay Dominican life: prayer, community and apostolate.*
- Click here for more about Erin’s in-person speaking apostolate.
- Check out Erin’s Media/Q&A.
- Visit Erin on CatholicMom.com.
- Contact Erin.
*DISCLAIMER: In obedience to my Dominican family, I clearly state that the ideas expressed [here and elsewhere in my work] are those of the author alone and do not represent the endorsement or position of the Lay Fraternities of St. Dominic or the Order of Preachers as a whole.
BRIEF NOTICE ABOUT REVIEW REQUESTS AND BLOG TOURS:
If you think I might be a good reviewer for your book or a good host for a blog tour, please ASK ME. As a matter of personal policy, I do not respond to cattle calls on social media, even if you’re my BFF. I rarely respond to requests from people with whom I have no association, so if you know me from somewhere (Sisters in Crime, Catholic Writers Guild, etc.), mention that in your request. Personal requests are the best. Please ask. Thank you.
BOOK REVIEW POLICY
If I love it, I review it. If I don’t, I don’t. I only give 4 or 5 star reviews. Here’s why. If you’ve given me a book to review and I haven’t reviewed it, maybe I haven’t gotten to it yet (I’m a busy momma), or maybe I wasn’t the right reader for it. Either way, I hope we can still be kind to each other.
Some favorite authors in no particular order: Neal Stephenson, Tracy Chevalier, William Gibson, Katherine Patterson, Charlotte Bronte, Flannery O’Connor, Jane Austen, Douglas Adams, Laura Ingalls Wilder, John Desjarlais, Dena Hunt, Amy M. Bennett, Leslie Lynch, Amanda Lauer, Ellen Gable, Anthony Barone Kolenc, Charles Dickens, T. S. Eliot.
I aim to write truth. Catholicism is all about the Truth. Thus I can’t take my faith out of my writing any more than you can take pee out of a pool or get something off the internet.
EMC Fast Facts:
- I’m a homeschooling Catholic mom writer. Throw a bread roll at the internet and you’ll hit at least five of us.
- I hail from the rough edges of Philadelphia but now live out in the country.
- My country-fried kids make fun of my accent.
- I can make things taste good, but I can’t make them pretty.
- I’m totally overwhelmed by all the “supposed to do”s of the modern book marketing game and as of now have nothing to offer you on that point but “Trust God.”
- I asked Second Shift of Kid, “If you had to describe Mommy to someone, what would you say?” She said, “I love her!” I can’t think of a better note on which to end.
Erin McCole Cupp is a wife, mother, and lay Dominican who lives with her family of vertebrates somewhere out in the middle of Nowhere, Pennsylvania. Her short writing has appeared in Canticle Magazine, The Catholic Standard and Times, Parents, The Philadelphia City Paper, The White Shoe Irregular, Outer Darkness Magazine, and the newsletter of her children’s playgroup. She is a contributor to CatholicMom.com and has been a guest blogger for the Catholic Writers Guild, and she occasionally blogs about year-round meatless Fridays at Mrs. Mackerelsnapper, OP. Her other professional experiences include acting, costuming, youth ministry, international scholar advising, and waiting tables. When Erin is not writing, cooking or parenting, she can be found reading, singing a bit too loudly, sewing for people she loves, gardening in spite of herself, or dragging loved ones to visitors centers at tourist spots around the country. Erin’s books are available on Amazon.