What do trauma survivors need? This week’s resources, Catholic style
Inclusion does not equal endorsement of concept, source, writer, etc.
Update: My Domestic Church has taken over the weekly 7 Quick Takes. I’ll try linking up there.
- First up: Holy Week is near. If you still aren’t in the Lenten spirit or have already bombed at every penance you promised, I have opened up a private community on Facebook for people who want to spend their Lenten practice on creating intentional relationships where we can go for support when we are tempted to reach for those things not of God. Get heard at Heard Mentality.
- Carolyn Astfalk has a story to share about chocolate milk and gratitude. She also shares her experience with our Thursday morning Clubhouse Chaplet of Gratitude and Surrender–do join us!
- Andrew J. Bauman blogs about men healing from harmful tendencies. He has some thoughts to consider over on I am insecure and I want my wife to pay for it.
- Mental health: it’s not just for the couch anymore. It’s also for the workplace.
- This one really got me thinking: what is the opposite of the fight, flight, freeze, and fawn responses? It’s flow.
- And, well, this one is from me over at Catholic Mom: Are you a victim or a volunteer?
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads (please, leave a review–it takes courage, but it helps the people who need the message find it), and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
This week’s AV is again all audio and zero visual: Deanna Bartalini did a podcast on GLAD journaling, a tool I’ve been using for a while to help me stay grounded in the good. Give it a listen and maybe give it a try!
Thanks for reading, listening & watching, fellow image-bearers. Now give My Domestic Church a look-see.