This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Update: My Domestic Church has taken over the weekly 7 Quick Takes. I’ll try linking up there.
- First up: if you still aren’t in the Lenten spirit or have already bombed at every penance you promised, I have opened up a private community on Facebook for people who want to spend their Lenten practice on creating intentional relationships where we can go for support when we are tempted to reach for those things not of God. Get heard at Heard Mentality.
- Restorative justice practices in the classroom build community.
- US Catholic has an article with the same title as a questions many (if not most) trauma survivors ask themselves: Jesus loves you. Can you believe it? #lent
- Are you being manipulated? Verywell Health has some signs for you to keep in mind.
- Hey. You’re you. Make sure you don’t lose your identity in a relationship.
- Feeling Troubled? Catholic Mom’s Jennifer Scheuereman has some reflections.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads (please, leave a review–it takes courage, but it helps the people who need the message find it), and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
This week’s AV: watch my Catholic Mom Facebook Live–RATS! It’s Lent!–about how much we need community to stay faithful to our Lenten promises
Thanks for reading, listening & watching, fellow image-bearers. Now give My Domestic Church a look-see.