This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Update: My Domestic Church has taken over the weekly 7 Quick Takes. I’ll try linking up there.
[Psst… I’m finishing up a 5 Day “Sabotage Your Self-sabotage” Challenge over on social media today. If this is the first you’re hearing of it, the hub is on my Facebook author page. I’m also running a limited time offer: give $10 towards my Truth Heals work on ko-fi through January 24, and get a signed copy of All Things New sent to your US mailing address. And now with this week’s list.]
- Liv Harrison (hey, fellow recover-er from obesity!) is at OSV is reminding us to give ourselves permission to be boldly transformed by God.
- I keep hearing people tell me that they exhibit symptoms of trauma survivorship and yet “But I don’t have trauma like YOUR trauma.” Maybe you need to read up on Attachment Trauma.
- The Good Men Project has a piece on a subject I find fascinating: restorative justice.
- What is a good safe man? Let’s see what men’s advocate Andrew Bauman has to say.
- Interesting article to be had here on how a study explores how effects of childhood abuse extend into middle age.
- Has anybody seen Hawkeye yet? I have not, but Fr. Vince Kuna has.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads (please, leave a review–it takes courage, but it helps the people who need the message find it), and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
This week’s AV is my Catholic Mom Facebook Live from last week, where I share the weird tip that helps me keep my resolve in the face of temptation.
Thanks for reading, listening & watching, fellow image-bearers. Now give My Domestic Church a look-see.