In case it’s news, Kelly Mantoan of Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum has decided that it’s time to put an end to the 7QT weekly linkup. As stated previously, however, I’m going to keep this going. So here ya go.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
- An oldie from me: Christmas is not supposed to be like this.
- Ashley Easter has 3 Reasons the Holidays are Triggering. Good for survivors and their supporters alike.
- Catholic Mom’s Susan Ciancio writes about Finding Joy in Difficult Holidays.
- Nicole Johnson is at Catholic Mom, too, about The Need to Be Heard.
- Say no to these 7 behaviors over at Psych Central.
- For those praying over going no contact with immature family members, especially as a result of their behavior around the holidays, here’s another piece from Psych Central, How and when to cut ties.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads (please, leave a review–it takes courage, but it helps the people who need the message find it), and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
For our AV, I leave you with a beautiful stairwell “Ave Maria.” This season, I wish you much unexpected beauty.
Thanks for reading, listening & watching, fellow image-bearers.