Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Ginny Kochis has gold at Catholic Mom: 4 Things No One Tells You About Therapy.
- While I didn’t have memory flushing myself, I can definitely relate to fellow trauma survivor Melissa Presser’s piece at Catholic Mom on God’s Plan A.
- I know I’ve been a part of the culture of labeling people “toxic,” but I’m trying to get away from that, because… dang, everybody deserves hope. Here’s a piece at Verywell Mind about what to do if you suspect you may have Narcissistic Personality Disorder–because there are people with NPD who do recognize that they are the cause of their own suffering but just. can’t. stop.
- “The way I was treated by police was worse.” More on why people don’t report abuse.
- Helping traumatized children in the here and now is a thing. Janelle Peregoy is at Catholic Mom with 7 Ways to Support Foster Families.
- I’m hoping to catch The Starling. Sr. Nancy Usselman has a review at Catholic Mom.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
This week’s media: Have you been called difficult for not taking the narcissist’s bait? I sure have…