Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Have I shared this one yet? How toxic parenting can lead to sibling warfare.
- Trauma robs us of the riches God intended for us as his image-bearers. Trauma impoverishes us. Poverty traumatizes. Roxane Salonen is at Catholic Mom with When We, or Someone We Love, Are the Poor.
- Childhood trauma seen as determinant of health in neurology.
- More on that channel: Child abuse and neglect linked to early mortality.
- “[O]ur internal compass doesn’t point toward love, it ‘points toward home.’ Ouch.” Here’s how TikTok taught me that I’m a narcissist enabler.
- The connection between trauma and addiction
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
This week’s media: Filled With Good’s beta team starts the course this week. Part of Week 1 is My Food Story. Watch here: