Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Lara Patangan of Catholic Mom and Simple Mercies writes about one of my favorite, most life-giving topics: boundaries.
- So here’s a fun one: Do Wild Animals Get PTSD?
- Codependency & Self-Care asks “What if the people pleaser is the self that needs to die?”
- The Undone Mama reminds us about how toxic parents turn into toxic grandparents: if they are toxic to you, they are toxic to your kids.
- Catholic In Recovery’s Chloe writes about How Saint Joseph Is Healing My Father Wound.
- We have a good number of new subscribers lately (::waves::), so here’s a pretty concise, informative piece on The Narcissistically Disordered Family. Does any of this resonate with your experience?
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
For this week’s media, let’s see what we can learn about… eyebrows?