Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- More admiration, love and support to fellow Catholic trauma survivor Simone Biles: Leticia Adams writes at OSV News about Simone Biles, mental health, and the path to true discipleship.
- Another one (because, dang, Simone–you teach us so much!): What Simone Biles Allowed Me to Teach My Daughter by Teri Sinnott at Catholic Mom.
- On that note, here’s something on How to talk about your mental health with your employer.
- Trauma survivors… we all carry all kinds of burdens. Catholic Mom’s Jessica Ptomey shares her article Check Your Burdens.
- Surrender troubles? Here are four steps to achieving surrender (I’d add a fifth: think of something else–and if you can’t, ask God to give you a new thought) from Laura Range at Catholic Mom.
- Parenting teens triggers a LOT of abandonment fears/behaviors in developmental trauma survivors (ask me how I know). Here’s another article on the “thou shalts” rather than just the “thou shalt nots” of parenting teens: Sherry Antonetti’s Helping Your Teens to Know God’s Love at Catholic Mom.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
For this week’s media, I’m sharing my chat with Anne DeSantis of Patchwork Hear Ministry’s Sewing Hope podcast!