Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Couldn’t go this week without sending tons and tons of love and support to fellow Catholic trauma survivor Simone Biles. “You want your mind for the rest of your life.”
- Those of us who fear that we are angrier than God is about ways others have sinned against us might find some healing in reading Hezekiah’s prayer as a model for us.
- Speaking of anger, Rachel Bulman is talking at Catholic Mom about a new book that helps families deal with anger.
- Seeing a theme here? Catholic Mom has books for the girl mom on yelling.
- I got to talk with Carrie Soukoup on Catholic Mom’s weekly IG Live. We chatted about honoring the needs of our teens and tweens when we ourselves are recovering from childhood trauma. Watch to find out what that has to do with Parenting Tombs and Gardens.
- Read at Catholic Mom on how His Gaze Heals Me.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
For this week’s media, I wanted to share a bit of a victory I experienced this week–one I turned into a TikTok, hopefully for your enjoyment or at least for the relatability.