Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Laura Nelson writes at Catholic Mom about the value of suffering in Smooth Sailing or Rushing Waters.
- Here’s a sweet and hopeful story about… a story! High school sophomore publishes book on life with PTSD.
- Has anyone watched the EMDR interview with Prince Harry? I haven’t, and I’m curious.
- “Understanding the reasons doesn’t excuse the violence.” Could ending child abuse and promoting mental health stop mass shootings?
- St. Margaret of Castello is an inspiration, not just on living with disabilities but in living with the aftermath of parental abandonment. St. Margaret shows us where our true family lives and how to find them.
- Monica Portogallo at Catholic Mom reminds us that Even a mom conceived without sin can feel anxious.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with this month’s An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom.
This week’s media marks the end of my family’s annual Lord of the Rings marathon. The guys at Cinema Therapy talk about the life lessons we can gain from Samwise the Brave.