Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Art heals. Shelter’s healing arts program supports survivors of domestic abuse.
- Childhood trauma survivors often live with a belief that they are irrelevant. “Relevant is not the same as current” is over at Catholic Mom.
- What is enmeshment, and do you experience it?
- Filling the void of a narcissistic parent
- Terry Crews talks about what happened when he got physical revenge on his abusive father.
- Real-time communication with real live humans is key to making sure our relationship with God does not suffer the vacuum of isolation. Colleen Mallette at Catholic Mom has Don’t Keep Your Doubts to Yourself.
- Ending with your weekly reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom on THIS WEDNESDAY, July 7.
This week’s media continues my celebration of my family’s annual Lord of the Rings marathon. The guys at Cinema Therapy talk about isolation vs. hope in Theoden King’s arc through The Two Towers.