Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- I had a chance to talk with Tracy with the OSV Webcast Author Series on Thursday, June 24. You can access that video here.
- Trauma is, by definition, suffering. Joe Heschmeyer is at OSV News with “Why should we rejoice in suffering?“
- Do you know what love bombing is? Have you been love bombed? Signs you’re entangled with a narcissist.
- Life, especially early life, spent with narcissism can create a situation in us called “learned helplessness.” Good news: it’s not a life sentence.
- Carmen Lappe is at Catholic Mom with The Broken Plant Stand: A Reflection on Motherhood and Mental Health.
- Ginny Kochis also at Catholic Mom reminds us that Love Is Kind and Patient With You.
- Ending with the official announcement that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for purchase. Already read your copy? Leave a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, and don’t forget to link up with An Open Book from Carolyn Astfalk & Catholic Mom for July 7.
This week’s media is another from Cinema Therapy. Every summer, once ALL our kids are done school, we do a Lord of the Rings movie marathon. Inspired by that tradition, here’s Radical Acceptance & Dealing With Hardship in The Fellowship of the Ring.