Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Chantal Howard has an AMAZING piece at Catholic Mom about how childhood trauma can so powerfully affect the afflicted’s ability to hear God’s voice that lives can be lost to suicide. Read her family’s powerful, painful, and yet hopeful and healing encounter with this tragedy at Suicide, Grief, and the Sonrise.
- More from Charlene Bader at Catholic Mom: Sorrow, Prophecy, & the Desire to Be Affirmed
- Verily has a piece on the tie between trauma and porn addiction.
- Did I already share this one? I may have, so forgive me for the re-share, and forgive me for not having Disney+ yet and thus not having seen WandaVision yet: Wanda Maximoff, Trauma, and the Power of Dissociation.
- If you’re looking for some validation, here ya go: Damage gone by emotionally immature parents can have a long term impact on children.
- Have you taken the quiz yet? Find your rut-busting Beatitude and get your free custom-chosen chapter of the book handily mentioned in the item below…
- Ending with a cheerful reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for preorder.
Let’s sign off with Father Mike Schmitz on Setting Boundaries for Yourself and Others.