Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- More from Charlene Bader in her series of the Seven Sorrows: Sorrow, Escape, and the Desire to Be Safe.
- Blessed Is She has piece from back in April (I know, I’m behind) on Finding and Fighting For Freedom From Addiction.
- Just because trauma and addiction feed each other, here’s another addiction-related bit: Nonprofit Uses Fitness to Help in Addiction Recovery.
- Divorce is considered an Adverse Childhood Experience. Are you familiar with ministry for adult children of divorce? Read here about Life-giving Wounds.
- I’m hopeful for the cultural shift that is putting resources into answering called-for emergencies with mental health help rather than police action.
- Have you taken the quiz yet? Find your rut-busting Beatitude and get your free custom-chosen chapter of the book handily mentioned in the item below…
- Ending with a cheerful reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for preorder.
Finally, ending with an audio file this week: Dr. Greg Bottaro of the Catholic Psych Institute has a great new podcast called Being Human. Here’s an episode I found very helpful: A Look at Narcissistic Personality Disorder.