Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- The low-hanging fruit for a post that goes live the Friday before Mother’s Day in the US: Mother’s Day is Hard When Your Mom Is Toxic.
- On that note, how do you bring joy in a world where your dreams don’t come true? Maria Gallagher at Catholic Mom shares
- Criminal justice needs a better understanding of childhood trauma, in case it wasn’t obvious.
- Cassie Evert at Catholic Mom is talking about how we can instill hope in our children.
- Dr Han Ren on TikTok has a great, brief description of the difference between feeling shame and being shamed.
- De Yarrison at Catholic Mom explains how delving into God’s truth can help us heal our unhealthy habits of mind in The Bold Choice to Believe.
- Ending with a cheerful reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for preorder.
And I know it’s not Christmas, nor is it Father’s Day, but let’s just take a moment with Cinema Therapy to celebrate the right way to support the mom in your life.