Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- What happens when narcissism meets authenticity? Dr. Ramani shares.
- So much of family abuse and dysfunction is the result of people choosing themselves over relationship. Charlene Bader is at Catholic Mom talking Mary’s Third Sorrow, the loss of the Child Jesus in the temple, in light of our basic human desire to be chosen.
- I have read exactly none of these, but it’s heartening to read that others are open to the idea that reading fiction about abuse can be validating, & validating is healing. Here are 8 Books Featuring People Coming to Terms With an Abusive Childhood.
- A Denver Nonprofit is Using Fishing to Connect Men with Mental Health Resources.
- Trauma Bonding Is the Emotional Cycle That Keeps People in Abusive Relationships. How Does It Start?
- Carrie Soukup stumbles upon a mindset of triumph and prayer as she “plays” football with “Your Inner Voice: Critic or Coach?”
- Ending with a cheerful reminder that All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family is available for preorder.
Coping with trauma? Maybe you have something to learn from River Tam, Mal’s crew, and Cinema Therapy.
No power in the ‘verse can stop us.