Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Saying that trauma survivors have trust issues is like saying that cats have motivation issues. In “Why Don’t You Trust Me?” Catholic Mom contributor Lindsey Mitzel sheds good light on how parenthood brings us face to face with how we relate to God in trust — or not.
- 11 Warning Signs of Gaslighting in TANGLED: I can’t believe I’m just discovering Cinema Therapy now.
3.I feel like I already shared this one, but if I did, it’s worth a re-share: Addiction and self-criticism sheds light on the self-defeating shame cycle that fuels addiction, isolation, compulsion, and all sorts of maladaptive stuff we bring into our lives.
4. In “Siblings cope with trauma differently,” therapist Annie Wright writes about how the same family can produce drastically different “results” so to speak in the children.
5. Harshly worded but importantly honest, here are some tips on “How to Raise an Abusive Husband.”
6. Are you parenting with codependency? Read this to do a self-check.
If you’ve gotten this far, please pray for me as I recover from another endometriosis laparoscopy. As of this writing, recovery has been bumpy. Here’s a voice I’ve been listening to in this year of St. Joseph to remind me that God makes mistakes into happy accidents.