Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Forbes Magazine has an article on how adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) impact adult health, especially in terms of inflammatory disease: 5 Ways Trauma and Poverty Affect Childhood Development.
- New here and interested in an ultra-quick primer on trauma & PTSD? Here’s Fight, flight or freeze.
- Can anyone relate to this one? Dealing with toxic family relationships can be a lifelong challenge.
- Speaking of dealing, here are 25 Amazing COPING SKILLS Everybody Needs.
- If you’re wondering how journaling can help you… watch this! I love one of the comments on this video: “I definitely think everyone should keep a journal, especially men since we are emotionally told to not express our feelings. It has helped me a lot every time i write it feels like i close an app or close all the extra tabs in my mind.” Close those tabs, my friends! Close ’em!
- Looking for some help getting started with journaling? Well, I am here to help, my sibling. This Sunday’s gospel journaling page for trauma survivors goes out before midnight. If you missed it, please sign up here to get yours free through the end of November, 20202.
- I also invite you to join in some discussion over on my Broken Grown-up Nation Facebook page.
Last week I threw some soothing worship piano via Dappy T Keys Worship your way. Wasn’t that lovely and peaceful? This week you get my workout playlist du jour. Word of caution: I haven’t watched most of these videos, because I just listen to the music while I’m pumping very small amounts of iron.
Anybody else have some non sequiturs in your listening repertoire?
Also, let me know how I may pray for you? Meanwhile, make sure you give Kelly & the SQT crew a look see.