Here’s me, doing my bit to participate weekly in Kelly’s Seven Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum, better late than never.
This Week’s Resources for Catholic Trauma Survivors
Takes. Best described as quick. Seven of them.
- Jennifer Fitz has a piece on “Parish Mental Health Support 101” over at the register. As usual with her writing, Fitz breaks a large beast down into perfectly attainable chunks.
- Dr. Bob Schuts and Jake Khym, a pair of well-spoken Catholic mental health professionals, have a new-ish podcast, Restore the Glory. I’m loving their take on the interface between Theology of the Body and trauma healing. You might, too.
- How do you respond to anxiety: overfunctioning or underfunctioning? I’m the former, but I’m working on it.
- Working the steps during a pandemic can be tough. This article has some basic tips, if you need them.
- Quarter Joe of Catholic in Recovery had an article post back in June about the dangers of self-isolation, especially in reference to family trauma: It Is Not Good for the Man to Be Alone
- This Sunday’s gospel journaling page for trauma survivors just went out. If you missed it, please sign up here to get yours free through the end of November, 20202.
- I also invite you to join in some discussion over on my Broken Grown-up Nation Facebook page.
Also, let me know how I may pray for you? Meanwhile, make sure you give Kelly & the SQT crew a look see.