Note: Don’t You Forget About Me is still free on Kindle through Thursday, June 12. Already read it? Click here for the “One For A Friend” Giveaway.
The rules are thusly:
- I post a writing prompt on a sort-of randomly selected Wildcard Wednesday.
- In 10 minutes or less, you write something based on that prompt.
- Post it to your blog. After you’ve written your response to the prompt, add the link for your blog post to the list by clicking next to the little blue frog face below where it says “Add your link.”
- Please make sure that the URL you submit is to your response to the Wildcard Wednesday prompt, not to your main blog URL.
- Include a link back here in the post on your blog.
- If it’s PG-13 or better and you don’t have a blog of your own, feel free to enter it as a comment on this post, but please note that this is my house, so if I find your post offensive, it’ll be shorter by the head. I love free speech, though, so take this as your opportunity to get thee to a bloggery.
I invite you to Tweet the link to your prompt with the hashtag #WCW so we participants can find each other on Twitter. Another fun Twitter tag to try is #improv, which will connect you with anybody on Twitter doing any kind of improv. #amwriting is another goodie.
PROMPT: Tomorrow, June 12, is Anne Frank’s birthday. You know, Anne Frank of Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl. In remembrance of her, today write a character’s diary entry.
A note on responding to the prompt: Use the prompt as a jumping-off point and go from there. Just write for ten minutes and share it. Don’t worry about playing by writing rules, because I don’t have any here, and if you’re looking for rules to follow on improv like this, you’re probably looking for an excuse to not write, in which case, try another hobby. Scrapbooking. Quilting. Swimming. Anything but this, because writing brings new meaning to the term “hot mess.”
Now, here’s hoping the linkup stuff will show up here: