Hungry for a Catholic perspective on food addiction, family trauma, and mental health recovery?
My name is Erin. I’m a writer, speaker, and believer that mental health and spiritual health are key in breaking cycles of bondage to destructive patterns in our relationships, especially in our relationships with ourselves.
It’s time to break the cycle.
- Take my FREE 5-step course SELF-CONTROL 101.
- Learn more about FILLED WITH GOOD: THEOLOGY OF THE BODY FOR FOOD ADDICTS.
- Discover your cycle-breaking Beatitude and receive a FREE chapter of All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family based on your self-assessment, not to mention receive my quarterly newsletter full of encouragement, tips, and connection.
- Order All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family
- Click here for Erin’s reversion story.
- Check out Erin’s schedule of events, both in-person and on social media.
- Click here for more about Erin’s in-person speaking apostolate
- Click here for Erin’s books.
- Click here for information about the lay Dominican life: prayer, community and apostolate.*
- Check out Erin’s Media/Interviews
- Visit Erin on CatholicMom.com.
- Contact Erin.
Follow Erin Various Places
EMC Fast Facts:
- I’m a homeschooling Catholic mom writer. Throw a bread roll at the internet and you’ll hit at least five of us.
- I hail from the rough edges of Philadelphia (areas that have since become “gentrified,” which freaks me out a little) but now live out in the country.
- My country-fried kids make fun of my accent.
- I can make things taste good, but I can’t make them pretty.
- I love historical dance and birdwatching. If there were a way to watch birds dance historical, I’d be there.
- I’m totally overwhelmed by all the “supposed to do”s of the modern book marketing game and as of now have nothing to offer you on that point but “Trust God.”
- I asked Second Shift of Kid, “If you had to describe Mommy to someone, what would you say?” She said, “I love her!” I can’t think of a better note on which to end.
Erin McCole Cupp is a wife, mother, and lay Dominican who lives with her family of vertebrates somewhere out in the middle of Nowhere, Pennsylvania. Her short writing has appeared in Our Sunday Visitor, Canticle Magazine, The Catholic Standard and Times, Parents, The Philadelphia City Paper, The White Shoe Irregular, Outer Darkness Magazine, and the newsletter of her children’s playgroup. She is a contributor to CatholicMom.com and has been a guest blogger for OSV Newsweekly, The National Catholic Register, Integrity Restored, Tekton Ministries, and the Catholic Writers Guild. Her other professional experiences include acting, costuming, directing, youth ministry, international scholar advising, and waiting tables. When Erin is not writing, cooking or parenting, she can be found reading, birding, dancing historical, singing a bit too loudly, sewing for people she loves, gardening in spite of herself, or dragging loved ones to visitors centers. Erin’s books are available on Amazon.
BRIEF NOTICE ABOUT REVIEW REQUESTS AND BLOG TOURS:
AT THIS TIME, I AM NO LONGER HOSTING BLOG TOUR POSTS. I hate to say it, but virtual book tours (A.K.A. blog tours) aren’t really getting much traction these days, and I am trying to be more judicious about only spending my time where there is a more likely ROI–that includes for you, my dear Blog Tour Stop Requester.
What I may be in a position to do is review your book (see below for Book Review Policy) and link it up with An Open Book the first Wednesday of the month. This will get you far more exposure than just a random post here.
BOOK REVIEW POLICY
If I love it, I review it. If I don’t, I don’t. I only give 4 or 5 star reviews. Here’s why.
If you think I might be a good reviewer for your book, please ASK ME. As a matter of personal policy, I do not respond to cattle calls on social media, even if you’re my BFF. I rarely respond to requests from people with whom I have no association, so if you know me from somewhere (Sisters in Crime, Catholic Writers Guild, etc.), mention that in your request. Personal requests are the best. Please ask. Thank you.
If you’ve given me a book to review and I haven’t reviewed it, maybe I haven’t gotten to it yet (I’m a busy momma), or maybe I wasn’t the right reader for it. I also periodically have to scrap my TBR pile and start fresh, otherwise I become a screaming ball of anxiety. Believe it or not, my mental health and that of my family is more important than my review of a book.
Some favorite authors in no particular order: Dr. Gabor Mate, Shirzad Chamine, Neal Stephenson, Tracy Chevalier, William Gibson, Katherine Patterson, Charlotte Bronte, Flannery O’Connor, Jane Austen, Douglas Adams, Laura Ingalls Wilder, John Desjarlais, Dena Hunt, Amy M. Bennett, Leslie Lynch, Amanda Lauer, Ellen Gable, Anthony Barone Kolenc, Charles Dickens, T. S. Eliot, Alexandre Dumas, Corinna Turner, Serena Chase, Mara Faro, A. J. Cattapan.
I aim to write truth. Catholicism is all about the Truth. Thus I can’t take my faith out of my writing any more than you can take pee out of a pool or get something off the internet.
*DISCLAIMER: In obedience to my Dominican family, I clearly state that the ideas expressed [here and elsewhere in my work] are those of the author alone and do not represent the endorsement or position of the Lay Fraternities of St. Dominic or the Order of Preachers as a whole.